2021 A Virtual Conversation on Regina's Water Future
Name: 2021 A Virtual Conversation on Regina's Water Future
Date: February 25, 2021
Time: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM CST
Registration: Register Now
The Regina Chamber of Commerce
Economic Development Regina
A virtual conversation on Regina’s Water Future
Regina is working to attract the headquarters for the Canadian Water Agency to Regina - a move that could lead to significant opportunity for Saskatchewan’s economic future. No resource is more important to Canadians than fresh, clean water—to our economy, health, and well-being.
Join Ralph Goodale, Edmund Bellegarde and Mark MacLeod for a forward-looking discussion on the opportunity and the benefits of working together with a unified vision and goal. Together, we will grow Regina’s economy.
We recommend reading the Canada Water Agency Discussion Paper, “Toward the Creation of a Canada Water Agency,”. It outline considerations for Canada establishing an Agency that will work to find the best ways to keep our water safe, clean and well-managed.
Did you know?
- Canadians have ranked water as Canada’s most important resource.
- Canada has the third largest renewable supply of fresh water in the world—about 7% of global renewable supply.
- A significant amount of Canada’s renewable freshwater supply is not easily accessible, since 60% is stored in ice, or flows north into the Arctic Ocean, away from the majority of the population.
- Agriculture is the number one consumer of water in Canada.
- Fresh water is often sacred and at the centre of all life for Indigenous peoples.
Regina is a beautiful oasis on the prairies with more than 350,000 hand-planted trees. There are many attractions and events that take place all year in Regina for residents and tourists alike. This welcoming prairie city is the perfect place to call home. It is an excellent location to raise a family, with an abundance of parks, sports and recreational facilities, bicycle pathways, family attractions and an exceptional quality of life. Regina is known for its generous, friendly people and rich community pride, fuelled by the “I Love Regina” campaign. Whether you are just visiting or looking to relocate, discover our great city and enjoy it every step of the way.
Regina & District Chamber of Commerce
2145 Albert St.
Phone: (306) 757-4658
Fax: (306) 757-4668
COPYRIGHT REGINA & DISTRICT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. SITE BY ADSPARK COMMUNICATIONS